1. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION FOR STATISTICAL PURPOSES
brighter12.com shall collect user-submitted personally identifiable information, including but not limited to full name, user name, passwords, e-mail address, telephone number, gender, and preferences, (collectively, “PII”) from You when visiting, interacting, communicating, or otherwise using our Site or Services wired or wirelessly.
brighter12.com may also record and collect information about Your usage of Our Services or Our Site. By way of example and not limitation, we may record what Downloads you make, which Carrier you use, what type of subscriptions you purchase, what preferences you select, what type of computer, model handset, or wireless device you use to access the Services (“Device”), and/or how long your browsing sessions last on our Site. We may associate such recorded information with You and Your account. We may also use such recorded information in non-personally identifiable aggregate form (“Non-PII”). Such Non-PII may include without limitation any +of the above data in aggregate statistical form, for example: the total number of Downloads or pages from Site viewed for a certain period, time spent using certain Services, aggregate user data, demographic data, cookies, operating systems, mobile settings, browser and device types, and other information which does not specifically identify any one individual. All Non-PII may be used by brighter12.com at its sole discretion and also may be shared by brighter12.com without limitation to any number of third parties at its own sole discretion.
Any personal information or content You voluntarily disclose on publicly available discussion boards, in messages, forums, web logs, chat areas, classifieds, or public profile pages, etc., shall be considered Non-PII submitted to the general public and can in turn be used by any person or entity (including brighter12.com) viewing such information to send you unsolicited communications.
3. USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We only use Your information for the purpose for which it is collected and for the following:
- for administrative purposes;
- for authentication purposes;
- to properly operate, maintain, and provide You with the features and functionality of Our Sites and Our Service (e.g., Your phone number, self-selected user ID, and/or account name (and in certain instances, Your e-mail address) may be displayed to others when using the Service (e.g., when you gift a ringtone or other available;
- to customize and personalize features for You and otherwise enrich your user experience when using our Site and Services;
- to present You with promotions, advertisement, and opportunities We believe may be of interest to You;
- to enable Our vendors and contractors to assist Us in operating, maintaining, and providing Our Services and products to You;
- to enable Us to carry out Our obligations arising from any contracts/subscriptions entered into with You;
- to investigate and help prevent potentially unlawful activity or activities that threaten the integrity of Our Service or network;
10. to investigate allegations of fraud or violations of Our Terms of Service or other policies (e.g., to verify Your identity);
11. to enforce or apply Our rights under Our then current Terms of Service;
12. as required by courts, requests from law enforcement, requests from local, state, or federal government, or administrative agencies or subpoena;
13. to protect the rights, property, or safety of any of Our customers or others;
14. to improve the quality and design of Our Services and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and Services by storing, tracking, and analyzing Your preferences and trends; and
15. in connection with a sale of some or all of brighter12.com its assets or the merger or reorganization of brighter12.com’s business (including in the event that We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We may disclose Your PII to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets).
4. ONWARD TRANSFER TO THIRD PARTIES
- such third party is a related affiliate, subsidiary, or parent company of brighter12.com or a licensor of content or services offered to You through Our Service;
- subject to Your opt-out rights outlined below, such third party has a contractual relationship with brighter12.com, and such contract allows and/or obligates it to use Your PII in a commercially reasonable manner consistent with applicable laws, and such PII is used to deliver targeted promotions, advertisements, and opportunities that may be of interest to You;
- the transfer or disclosure is necessary: (a) to conform to legal requirements or to respond to a subpoena, search warrant, or other legal process or request from a local, state, or federal government or administrative agency received by brighter12.com, whether or not a response is required by applicable law; (b) to enforce Our Terms of Service or to protect Our rights; (c) to protect the safety of members of the public and users of the Service; or (d) to properly operate, maintain, or provide the Site or Services.
- we do so in connection with a sale of some or all of brighter12.com assets or the merger or reorganization of brighter12.com’s business (including in the event that We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We may disclose Your PII to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets); or
- such third party is involved in processing payments for or otherwise involved in delivery of the Services that You have obtained or purchased from brighter12.com.
brighter12.com attempts to work only with reputable partners whom We believe maintain high standards with respect to privacy and consumer rights. All third parties with whom we share your information have entered into a written agreement with us that provide for at least the same level of privacy protection as is required by the U.S. Department of Commerce's Safe Harbor Privacy Principles.
If You would like to report any concerns or problems with one of Our partners, please e-mail Our customer Service department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. LOCATION AND INTERNATIONAL USERS
Our Service is offered through the use of computers (servers) located in [tbd], [State] in the United States of America. Additional physical locations may be added without further notice to You.
We obey all laws and regulations in the United States applicable to Our collection, use, protection, transfer, and disclosure of Your information. brighter12.com adheres to the U.S. Safe Harbor privacy principles. For more information about the Safe Harbor framework or Our registration, see the Department of Commerce's Web site.
6. CONSENT TO DATA TRANSFER INTERNATIONALLY
7. RIGHT TO OPT OUT
If You do not want brighter12.com to share any of Your PII with a third party, You may opt out of such disclosures by e-mailing Us at email@example.com. However, We are not responsible for removing Your PII from the lists of any third party who has previously been provided Your PII in accordance with this policy. Since brighter12.com must use Your PII in order to provide You with brighter12.com Services, You cannot opt out of all uses of their PII unless You cancel Our Service. Once Your PII has been provided to a third party, brighter12.com cannot retract said provision or otherwise recover said PII, but brighter12.com will cease any further provision of additional PII to said third parties upon Your request.
brighter12.com may also send You newsletters, e-mails, and other materials that We think You may be interested in. If You would like to opt out of these materials, You may do so by following the directions provided in the communication sent to You or by going to your Account Profile Page, where You can reconfigure Your preferences and opt out of receiving such communications from Us.
8. SAFEGUARDING YOUR INFORMATION
We use commercially reasonable precautions and industry standard physical, electronic, and procedural security measures and confidentiality practices to protect Your information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
All of Our user's accounts are secured by Your passwords.
All of Your information is stored on Our (including our contracted technology services providers') databases within our control. We continually assess new technology and storage systems for protecting information and upgrade Our systems when appropriate. Our employees, contractors, and agents are required to protect the confidentiality of Your information in compliance with Our established policies, and We endeavor to restrict access to non-public personal information to only Our employees, contractors, and agents who have a valid business reason for access (customer service personnel, technical staff, etc.).
No system or Service, however, can give a 100% guaranty of security, especially a Service that relies upon the Internet and the public airwaves for wireless communications. Therefore, please note that we cannot guarantee the security of Your information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and many other factors may compromise the security of Your information at any time. As such, You assume this risk when using Our Services.
9. ACCESS TO ACCOUNT INFORMATION
You are solely responsible for ensuring all information You submit to Us is reliable, current, complete, and accurate. We use commercially reasonable efforts to make sure You may update, correct, remove, or otherwise modify certain portions of Your PII at anytime by logging into Your account and by accessing the “Account Profile” and “Edit Profile” features provided therein.
You may not access your PII, however, if such access would violate a court order, jeopardize the security of our Site or Services, where the burden or expense of providing access is disproportionate to the risks to Your privacy, or where the rights of other users/persons would be violated.
Employees and Contractors who violate Our privacy policies are subject to Our normal disciplinary process or contractual claims, including but not limited to termination.
11. CHANGES TO POLICY
This version of Our policy which has been updated as of the date set forth above and replaces any previous notices or statements from brighter12.com on the same subject matter.
You should be aware that any PII which You voluntarily include and transmit through publicly accessible forums (i.e., chat rooms, blogs, instant messages, and listservs) may be viewed and used by anyone with access to such forums. brighter12.com is unable to control such uses of Your PII, and by using such Services You assume the risk that the PII provided by You may be viewed and used by third parties.
13. USER RESPONSIBILITIES
Should You log in to brighter12.com, make sure you sign out or close Your browser once You have finished with any online activity. This is to ensure that others cannot access Your personal information.
If You share a Device with someone or are using a Device in a public/semi-public environment such as an Internet café, educational institution, library, etc., You as an individual are responsible for the security of and access to Your Device and therefore Your account.
You are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of Your user name and passwords and any other account information. Please be careful and responsible whenever You are using the Internet and brighter12.com.
14. THIRD-PARTY WEB SITES AND SERVICES
Our Service may contain links to other Web sites and Services not maintained by brighter12.com. In addition, other Web sites and services may also reference or link to brighter12.com. If You follow a link to any of these third-party Web sites, please note that these Web sites have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. We encourage You to be aware when You leave Our Service, or surf the Internet, and to read the privacy statements of each and every Web site and Service that You visit before You submit any PII to these Web sites. We do not endorse, screen, or approve, and are not responsible for, the privacy practices or the content of such other Web sites and Services.
15. CONTACT INFORMATION